From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] myhostname and mydomain in /etc/postfix/main.cf on a vhost
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 10:59:41
1 Noack, Sebastian wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I'm currently setting up a mail server according to
5 > http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/virt-mail-howto.xml and I don't understand
6 > "Code Listing 2.2".
7 >
8 > myhostname = $host.domain.name
9 > mydomain = $domain.name
10 >
11 > If this suppose to be a configuration for virtual hosts, than I don't
12 > have a specific hostname or domain. I just have hostnames which are also
13 > the domains for each virtual host. But they do I already specify
14 > according to "Code Listing 10.9" in the virtual_mailbox_domains variable
15 > in /etc/postfix/main.cf.
16 >
17 > Can maybe somebody help me with this configuration?
18 >
19 > Regards
20 > Sebastian Noack
23 Your domain can be any one of your domains. Your hostname should not
24 match anything in your virtual file. When you set your origin use the
25 hostname and not the domain. That'll make things less likely to screw up.
26
27 <soapbox>
28 That how-to you're following sucks unless you're dead set on giving all
29 accounts virtual mailman support. I can't say mine is written any
30 better, but it will give you a much better system when you're done.
31 Manually adding users via raw SQL will annoy you to no end after two weeks.
32 http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Setup_a_Virtual_Postfix/Courier_Mail_System_with_PostfixAdmin
33
34 and hey the dev of Postfixadmin even reads the wiki.
35 http://forums.high5.net/viewtopic.php?t=8
36
37 kashani, thinking it's time to go freshen up his how-to again.
38 --
39 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list