From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to get rid of old gcc?
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 18:09:15
1 On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 10:59 AM, Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi Gentoo users,
3 >
4 > I just updated gcc from 4.5.4 to 4.6.3, switched compiler
5 > version, rebuilt libtool, but "emerge --depclean" still
6 > does not want to remove old gcc. "equery list gcc" shows
7 > both are still installed:
8 >
9 > [IP-] [ ] sys-devel/gcc-4.5.4:4.5
10 > [IP-] [ ] sys-devel/gcc-4.6.3:4.6
11 >
12 > So how can I now remove the old gcc? I checked again
13 > "Gentoo GCC Upgrade Guide", but did not find a single
14 > word about it...
15
16 If they are in slots, the newer version won't necessarily obsolete the
17 older version.
18
19 You can use "emerge --depclean -p -v gcc:4.5" to view any remaining
20 dependencies on that slotted version.
21
22 You can use "emerge -C gcc:4.5" to remove only that slot's version of gcc.