From: Mr G <persistence2success@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What does xgetdefault use flag do
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 20:25:23
1 Seriously overthought that one. I am going to blame the long weekend.
2 Sorry for the noise
3
4 On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 11:58 AM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > On 27/05/2013 18:01, Mr G wrote:
6 >>> You'll have to look in those app's docs or code to find out what they do
7 >>> with ./configure --enable xgetdefault, but I suppose a reasonable
8 >>> reading is that it uses Xresources in addition to $SOMETHING_ELSE.
11 >> I didn't find anything concrete about what it does but I did find a
12 >> reference to the fact that rxvt doesn't read the $HOME/.Xresources
13 >> file if the operating system loads them into the X display. He also
14 >> does not seem to be a big Gentoo fan so I am guessing this flag has
15 >> something to do with this. It's the reference to the "small version"
16 >> in the USE flag that was confusing me.
19 > I also have no idea what "small version" means - it's not English, it
20 > doesn't parse, and it makes no sense.
23 > --
24 > Alan McKinnon
25 > alan.mckinnon@×××××.com
32 B G