From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Yikes, replacing sata 200gb with Sata 750gb .. no bootsky.
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 00:07:33
1 Paul, you will be relieved to know that I braved up and installed the
2 1205sa card on a windows machine... updated driver which may have been
3 a waste of time and flashed both Base BIOS and SATA_raid BIOS.
4
5 Apparently this card has a BIOS that is in 2 parts or maybe each on it
6 own chip. Their are 2 on the card.
7
8 I didn't hold out much hope but it worked just fine with that done.
9
10 No need for jumpers ... it just works.
11
12 Some might think its a waste to go with the 1.5GB of `sata I' but the
13 card is PCI anyway. I'm not sure how much of a bottleneck that is but
14 I suspect that would get in the way before 1.5gb does.
15
16 This server is on a home lan so not going to get an industrial
17 workout anyway.
18
19 I'm a happy camper even though I jumped the gun and ordered a Sil3114
20 off ebay, I'm pretty sure I'll use it sooner or later.
21
22 You have been very patient and helpful ... I really do appreciate
23 that. Thanks.