From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Good file system that recovers from a power failure.
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2011 08:11:24
1 101231 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > 101231 Dale wrote:
3 >> What is a good file system that recovers well from a improper shutdown?
4 > Down here we have Africa power.
5 > Africa power makes post-Katrina power look tame.
6
7 We get brief power outages here regularly in downtown Toronto,
8 typically in the very early morning when their doing maintenance:
9 no warning, no lights, no computer, back to the 1700s.
10
11 > Total corruptions in 5 years with reiserfs-3.6
12 > and NO ups in that environment = zero.
13
14 Same here: I've used Reiserfs since 2003 & never had a problem;
15 I installed it in my netbook 2009, as it was so stable.
16 It seems version 3 is being lightly maintained & needs no improvements;
17 as for version 4, it's unlikely to get into the Linux kernel,
18 as Btrfs -- or Zfs -- are more strongly favored by its devs.
22 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
23 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
24 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca