From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Error compiling phonon-gstreamer
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2011 20:45:48
1 Jeff Cranmer wrote:
2 > On Sat, 2011-12-31 at 14:52 -0500, Michael Mol wrote:
3 >> On Sat, Dec 31, 2011 at 2:46 PM, Jeff Cranmer<jeff@××××××××××××××.com> wrote:
4 >>>>> http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-6888730.html#6888730
5 >>>>>
6 >>>>> Dale
7 >>>>>
8 >>>>> :-) :-)
9 >>>>>
10 >>>> Thanks for the link.
11 >>>> I tried changing the use flags for phonon to -gstreamer vlc, but for
12 >>>> some reason I'm still getting gstreamer pulled in as use flag
13 >>>> requirement, though it adds vlc. Same error as before.
14 >>>>
15 >>>> I'll try -makeopts="-j1", since at the moment I'm running
16 >>>> makeopts="-j6"
17 >>>>
18 >>>> Jeff
19 >>> No luck with makeopts="-j1" either.
20 >> If you add "--tree" to your emerge line, you can see what's pulling in
21 >> gstreamer. If it comes to it, running a command like:
22 >>
23 >> emerge -pe --verbose --tree --with-bdeps=y @world
24 >>
25 >> will give you a tree view showing the entire dependency tree on your
26 >> system. From there, you should be able to get a clue as to which
27 >> packages are pulling in packages you're having difficulty with.
30 > doing an emerge -pDv world, I can see the following tree
31 > kde-base/kdeedu-meta-4.7.4
32 > kde-base/kmplot-4.7.4
33 > x11-libs/qt-webkit-4.7.4
34 > media-libs/phonon-4.6.0-r1
35 > media-libs/phonon-gstreamer-4.5.1
36 >
37 > Phonon reports a use flag of gstreamer, despite me calling -gstreamer in
38 > make.conf. The calling packages don't report gstreamer as a use flag.
43 Most likely you would have to change the USE flag in make.conf and then
44 do a emerge -N world. Thing about all this, in a couple days or so,
45 there will be a fix and you get to undo all this stuff. I'm just going
46 to mask it and wait for the fix to hit the tree or the new KDE release
47 may fix it and it should be out before to long too.
48
49 Dale
50
54 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!
55
56 Miss the compile output? Hint:
57 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"