From: Joost Roeleveld <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] udev + /usr
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 07:38:47
1 On Wednesday, September 14, 2011 06:40:44 PM Sebastian Beßler wrote:
2 > This thread goes in endless circles, round and round and round.
3 > In the last 20 posts or so is not one new argument pro or con can be
4 > found, both sides only repeating their pov over and over again.
5 >
6 > Nothing will be achieved by that, it is only a big waste of time and
7 > energy that could be used better. Create documents with all your
8 > arguments, maybe a reply to that blog post that claims that split of
9 > /usr is broken.
10 >
11 > Flameing here on -user helps noone, because the devs must be convinced
12 > not the users.
13 >
14 > Just my 2 €-cent
15 >
16 > Greetings
17 >
18 > Sebastian Beßler
19
20 I agree, I also wanted to leave a comment on that page about systemd and /usr
21 written by the same guy who is making this decision for udev.
22
23 Comments and changes are not possible on that page at all.
26 Joost