From: Heiko Baums <lists@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Porblems with nvidia-settings vs. nvidia-drivers: Up-/downgrade race condition
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2015 16:30:25
1 Am 17.10.2015 um 18:22 schrieb Alan McKinnon:
2
3 > Update: I see at least the latest nvidia-drivers (358.09) includes
4 > nvidia-settings. If that driver supports your hardware, you can unmerge
5 > nvidia-settings, put nvidia-drivers back in world and the whole problem
6 > goes away
7
8 Unfortunately it doesn't go away, because the packages in question are
9 pulling in media-video/nvidia-settings directly as their dependency. I
10 would call this a bug due to changes made by upstream. The dependency in
11 those ebuilds need to be changed to have x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers
12 being installed with USE="tools" instead of pulling in
13 media-video/nvidia-settings.