From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Is grub2 stable and who uses it?
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2011 03:18:13
1 El 04/10/2011 17:09, "Dale" <rdalek1967@×××××.com> escribió:
2 >
3 > Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
4 >>
5 >> On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 2:33 PM, Michael Schreckenbauer<grimlog@×××.de>
6 wrote:
7 >>
8 >>> Correct, the *kernel* executes it.
9 >>>
10 >>> Quoted from an earlier mail in this thread:
11 >>>
12 >>> "That it's not true. It connects to whatever init system do you have
13 >>> (OpenRC, SysV, systemd, Upstart)"
14 >>>
15 >>> The kernel executes the initsystem, the initsystem takes care of the
16 rest.
17 >>> Care to explain, why grub2 needs to connect to (or call) the initsystem?
18 >>
19 >> It connects via the kernel via init=, as always. Maybe not the best
20 >> choice of words, but the important thing is that the statement about
21 >> GRUB2 having its "own init system and it's own set of init scripts" is
22 >> false. I noted the "connection" between the bootloader and the init
23 >> system (via the init= command line) to emphasize that GRUB2 has not
24 >> its own init system. Nor init scripts.
25 >>
26 >> Regards.
29 > I don't have that on mine.
30 >
31 > title Gentoo
32 > kernel (hd0,0)/bzImage-3.0.4-1 root=/dev/sda3
33 >
34 > So I guess my grub is ignorant. lol
35
36 If there is no init= command line argument, /sbin/init is the default. It
37 has been this way from the very beginning; systemd uses /sbin/systemd to be
38 able to be installed in parallel with SysV.
39
40 Regards.