From: Robin Atwood <robin.atwood@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] wicd and ath5k drivers
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 16:57:41
1 On Wednesday 25 Feb 2009, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 19:01:20 +0700, Robin Atwood wrote:
3 > > I have just upgraded my laptop to kernel 2.2.28-r2 and have enabled the
4 > > ath5k drivers for its Aetheros PC wireless card. Using the scripts to
5 > > activate net.wlan0 works fine and the wicd client can see the interface
6 > > correctly. But when I try to activate wlan0 with wicd it repeatedly
7 > > fails. I still have madwifi selected as the wpa-supplicant driver. Are
8 > > there any hints on tuning this, I can't find any by searching?
9 >
10 > As you are no longer
11 > using madwifi, you can't use this driver with wpa_supplicant, use wext
12 > instead
13
14 Thanks Neil, that's what I needed to know. I thought the issue was something
15 like that but couldn't find the information.
16
17 Cheers
18 -Robin
19 --
21 Robin Atwood.
22
23 "Ship me somewheres east of Suez, where the best is like the worst,
24 Where there ain't no Ten Commandments an' a man can raise a thirst"
25 from "Mandalay" by Rudyard Kipling