From: Ryan Sims <rwsims@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] thunderbird/firefox conflict
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 03:36:07
1 I just upgraded to mozilla-thunderbird-bin-1.0.6-r1 and
2 mozilla-firefox-bin-1.0.6-r1, and they seem to be conflicting with
3 each other, i.e. when I install firefox, running thunderbird gives me
4 a "/usr/libexec/mozilla-launcher: can't find the browser :-(" error,
5 so I remerge thunderbird and it runs, but I find that then firefox
6 gives me the same error. I've done this a couple of times, and
7 resynced.
8
9 Well, I looked at the ebuilds, because I noticed that the thunderbird
10 merge was installing a lot of stuff in "/opt/firefox" which seemed
11 wrong, and sure enough I found this in the thunderbird-bin-1.0.6-r1:
12
13 (line 36) src_install () {
14 declare MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME=/opt/firefox
15
16 The thunderbird-bin-1.0.5-r1 ebuild seems to use /opt/thunderbird as its home...
17
18 Changelog doesn't seem to mention anything....was thinking about
19 opening a bug report?
20
21 -=-
22 Ryan W Sims