From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] virtual problem : how can I unmerge Nano ?
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 07:45:19
1 On Tue, 29 Apr 2014 01:17:08 -0400, Philip Webb wrote:
2
3 > > Usually nano can be removed with emerge --depclean
4 >
5 > Yes, I can do 'emerge -C nano', but that is brute force & deprecated.
6
7 Deprecated? Really? I must have missed that. Brute force, maybe, but it
8 is the answer.
9
10 > I've checked 'man portage' & 'man emerge' & the virtual/editor ebuild.
11 > Acc to 'man portage' it sb possible to tell the virtual to accept Vim
12 > or Ed via /etc/make.profiles
13 > -> /usr/portage/profiles/default/linux/amd64/13.0 by adding a file
14 > 'virtuals' w a line 'virtual/editor<tab>app-editors/vim', but this has
15 > no effect. The ebuild has a long list of possible editors, incl Vim Ed
16 > Nano, but nothing singling out Nano,
17
18 Except that nano is first in the list and portage takes the first
19 available dependency as satisfying the virtual. Unmerge nano and portage
20 will look at the rest of the list, be satisfied with vim and not try to
21 re-emerge nano.
25 Neil Bothwick
26
27 The three Rs of Microsoft support: Retry, Reboot, Reinstall.