From: YoYo Siska <yoyo@××××××.sk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] nvidia-settings over ssh sees my local GPU?
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 17:42:59
1 On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 05:21:07PM +0100, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Thu, 23 Jun 2011 08:54:01 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
3 >
4 > > My question is about running nvidia-settings. I'm finding that if I
5 > > shell into his machine using
6 > >
7 > > ssh -X -Y -C IP-address
8 > >
9 > > and run nvidia-settings I get it displayed here, as it should be. The
10 > > problem is it is seeing my GTX 465 and not his 8400GS.
11 >
12 > Looking at the man page, it appears you need to use the -ctrl-display
13 > parameter or the $DISPLAY env var. The man page mentions that
14 > nvidia-settings queries the X server, which is running locally. It looks
15 > like this setting may force it to use another.
18 as neil wrote, it is
19 nvidia-settings -c :0
20
21 nvidia-settings connects to the remote xserver to communicate
22 with the graphics card (through a special nvidia xtenstion to the x
23 protocol), so you need to be able to access the remote xserver, if you
24 are logged in as the user running the xserver, you should be ok
25
26 yoy