From: Fernando Rodriguez <frodriguez.developer@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] MCE error
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2015 01:14:50
1 On Saturday, March 28, 2015 7:48:48 PM Sebas Pedersen wrote:
2 > I see, thanks for clarifying that. So looks like not too many options,
3 > either try to update the bios and/or replace the CPU.
4 >
5 > I really appreciated you replys and time.
6 >
7 > Thanks!,
8 > Sebas
11 There's a few things you can try.
12
13 1. Go in the bios menu and reset it to "safe defaults" or similar setting. If
14 that don't work play with the settings, especially memory settings (try
15 lowering the frequency).
16
17 2. If the motherboard is dirty, clean it real good. This may sound crazy but
18 I've had success spray washing it with a hose and drying it on a warm oven.
19
20 3. Flash the bios with the latest version.
21
22 4. If you have a soldering iron and junk parts laying around replace any blown
23 capacitors on the board.
26 Fernando Rodriguez