From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Making a init thingy. Step two I guess.
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2011 20:04:02
1 OK. Sort of dealt with the LVM part so now to step two. I'm trying to
2 follow this:
3
4 http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Initramfs
5
6 Then I get confused. I get to Applications and I'm sort of lost here.
7 In there it talks about copying nano and its friends over to the init
8 directory. Then below that it says to use busybox. Well, which is it?
9 Do I do both of those or just one?
10
11 I also tried to figure out Dracut but it seems like a work in progress
12 or something. I can't seem to find any Gentoo docs for it. I found a
13 Redhat doc but that's not exactly Gentoo.
14
15 Am I starting to work on this to soon? Maybe wait a while longer until
16 some more stuff gets sorted out?
17
18 Dang, I'm full of questions today. ;-)
19
20 Dale
21