From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE? Get me out of here!
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 10:17:52
1 On 30 June 2010 10:30, Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 30 June 2010 07:23:06 Mick wrote:
3 >
4 >> So I assume that Kontact (and or Kmail) starts nepomuke when launched
5 >
6 > Kmail-4.4.4 does start nepomuk here, which occasionally fails with some
7 > problem with mysql errors. Restarting kmail has always fixed it so far.
8
9 Yes it does, just looked into it a bit more. Starting Kmail as a
10 stand alone app (instead of starting up the whole KDE desktop)
11 launches/usr/bin/akonadi_control, which runs akonadiserver, which
12 calls /usr/bin/akonadi_nepomuk_contact_feeder and this calls
13 /usr/bin/nepomukserver (or something in that order).
14
15 Unfortunately with KDE-4.4 akonadi takes longer to start. We're only
16 talking half a second or so of the akonadi progress bar showing up
17 just before Kmail launches. Relaunching Kmail thereafter incurs no
18 delays.
19
20 I'll be updating KDE on my old PIII laptop soon and would be
21 interested to see how long it takes on that Vs KDE-4.3.
22 --
23 Regards,
24 Mick