From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Unable to login to gentoo
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2011 23:00:03
1 Sebastian Beßler <sebastian@××××××××××××.de> wrote:
2
3 > Am 01.11.2011 20:51, schrieb Dale:
4 >
5 > > Don't boot a 32 bit OS and chroot into a 64 bit one. That can be done
6 > > but it requires some additional commands.
7 >
8 > I always thought that is impossibl because the 32bit libs and kernel are
9 > unable to execute 64bit code. You could do the other way round with no
10 > probs but a 64bit cpu in 32bit mode with 32bit libs and kernel?
11 > I really would like to know more about that.
12 I did that, I had to make a 64-bit kernel, but it found the libs OK.
15 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
16 How do
17 you spend it?
18
19 John Covici