From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel panics and more info
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 19:57:22
1 On Thu, 21 Jul 2011 14:14:11 -0500, Dale wrote:
2
3 > > It's the standard video driver, x11-drivers/xf86-video-vesa
4
5 > And I change nvidia to vesa or do I need to unmerge nvidia first?
6
7 If you keep xorg.conf, change it to use vesa.
8
9 > Also, are these done as modules like nvidia is? Hmmm, if I
10 > remove xorg.conf, how does it know which driver to use?
11
12 Hardware detection. If you don't use third party drivers, you can usually
13 do without an xorg.conf.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 ASCII stupid question... get a stupid ANSI!