From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] glibc upgrade and firefox/seamonkey issues
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 22:11:54
1 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On 22/10/2015 23:51, Dale wrote:
3 >> Neil Bothwick wrote:
4 >>> On Thu, 22 Oct 2015 14:07:06 -0500, Dale wrote:
5 >>>
6 >>>> Of course, there is better ways of finding this info but I never can
7 >>>> remember the command and it takes me a bit to figure out what options
8 >>>> do what so I finally said "screw it" and work without it unless I just
9 >>>> must have it. If I only need one, I use the date command. It
10 >>>> works. ;-)
11 >>> genlop -l --date yesterday
12 >>>
13 >>> Not too hard to remember :)
14 >>>
15 >>>
16 >>
17 >> It is when you only use it once every year or two. Generally, it is
18 >> rare that I have to even go look at the emerge log file. This is likely
19 >> the first time I have looked in there in a good long while. Maybe over a
20 >> year. Sometimes, I wonder if I even need the thing.
21 > Of course you need it - genlop won't work without it
25 That's the point. I rarely use it. The only genlop command I may use
26 every once in a while is genlop -c. I use that to see how long
27 something has been compiling or if it is a major upgrade, what is
28 actually being compiled at the time. Generally, the estimated time
29 remaining is worthless. Most of the time, it isn't even in the ballpark.
30
31 So, unless there is a problem with a recent emerge, I don't really have
32 a need for it.
33
34 Dale
35