From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Backup questions
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2018 10:55:17
1 Am 09.08.18 um 18:52 schrieb Wols Lists:
2
3 > May I suggest using btrfs for your backup drive?
4
5 I like btrbk:
6
7 https://github.com/digint/btrbk
8
9 I run btrfs as main filesystem on 3 systems (2 laptops, 1 main desktop)
10 and so far I am not looking back.
11
12 -> btrbk snapshots to local subvolumes ("time machine") + pulling btrbk
13 backups to external disks + btrbk backups to another server.
14
15 Works fine for me.
16
17 -
18
19 Another solution I use at customers:
20
21 amanda backups to so-called vtapes, virtual tapes = directories on 2 or
22 more usb-disks. As soon as you have the setup done, you get rotated
23 backups to those directories, incrementals and fulls mixed via amanda's
24 algorithm. OK, a bit of a learning curve, but you won't avoid that anywhere.