From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] GnuPG Trouble - Found Problem, Need Solution
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 21:22:34
1 On 23/04/06, lordsauronthegreat@×××××.com <lordsauronthegreat@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I've been trying to find why I am unable to use GnuPG-agent to sign my
3 > messages in KMail, and rather have to type in a password in all the time
4 > through KGPG. The problem is that the GnuPG agent in the x86 area is version
5 > 1.4.2.2, yet KMail demands verison 1.9
6 >
7 > I don't think it wise to change to ~x86, yet I still would like to use GnuPG's
8 > agent. I think my options are as such:
9 >
10 > 1) Download version 1.9 from GnuPG's website and install it. Why haven't I
11 > done this? I don't know how to install something in Gentoo without it being
12 > as simple as emerge. I don't know how to install from a file on the hard
13 > drive.
14 >
15 > 2) Forget KMail and signing my messages and go back to GMail.
16 >
17 > 3) Continue typing in my password every time I send a email.
18 >
19 > 4) Hack my way through some older versions of KMail and rip out the demand
20 > for a new version of GnuPG and replace it with the older part of KMail that
21 > could work with 1.4. Not a fun idea, 'cause I want to go do other things.
22 >
23 > I find it curious that such a problem is living in current source repository
24 > for Gentoo. I'm positive this isn't intentional, but at very least I'd like
25 > to know if anything's being done to fix it. Plus, if GnuPG 1.9 is so
26 > experimental, then how can KMail need 1.9? It makes no sense to me...
27
28 I've added 1.9 in /etc/portage/package.keywords like so:
29 ==========================
30 =app-crypt/gpg-agent-1.9.19 ~x86
31 =dev-libs/libksba-0.9.12 ~x86
32 =dev-libs/libassuan-0.6.10 ~x86
34 and emerged gpg-agent. I think that would be the easiest way to
35 achieve what you want.
36 --
37 Regards,
38 Mick