From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: CI Continuous Integration
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2014 09:07:41
1 On 18/12/2014 08:25, Sam Bishop wrote:
2 > Mindful of the aforementioned rabbit hole,
3 > I'll stop myself here and sum it up by saying that I don't see any
4 > reason Gentoo must be hard.
7 Gentoo isn't "hard" as long as you are up to speed with how to drive it.
8
9 It's a high performance race engine that you can turn into anything you
10 want it to be, and we are the mechanics. The guys in the pits at races
11 don't consider their engines "hard", they just take it in their stride
12 because they have large amounts of clue. Just like most of us here :-)
13
14 The beauty of Gentoo is that if you do want to make something suitable
15 for Aunt Tillie to use and nothing else out there fits the bill, you can
16 write a wrapper around Gentoo to get what you want, and that's where the
17 complexity lies - in a place Aunt Tillie doesn't need to see it.
22 Alan McKinnon
23 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com