From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] installation 2005.1
Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2005 05:03:41
1 On 9/2/05, Dita widyo <dito_tc2003@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > hello,i am new using gentoo linux,as far i used to use
3 > windows.now i am trying linux and i choose gentoo.but
4 > i have problem with the installation.after ekstract
5 > source file using command tar -xvjpf some file can not
6 > extracted.example that i remembered
7 > usr/lib/perl15/.....
8 > can not write.... i forget and no space left on the
9 > device and use command ls /mnt/gentoo the directory
10 > has been built just usr bin tmp and 2 more i forget.
11 >
12 > tell me what's wrong???or the cd installation was
13 > broken
14 >
15 > thanks and i am sorry if my english is not good
16
17 Hi,
18 Your English is perfectly fine for communicating this problem.
19 Welcome to Gentoo-Users.
20
21 From memory, and I think I missed this problem once, if you forget
22 to cd /mnt/gentoo or forget to mount your hard drive at /mnt/gentoo,
23 then essentially you are trying to write the tar to the CD. Of course
24 this doesn't work.
27 you forgot to cd /mnt/gentoo.
28
29 As Robert said, it could also be that you jsut didn't have enough
30 disk space.
31
32 Cheers,
33 Mark