From: Roy Wright <royw@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: The KDE wallet
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 00:41:21
1 reader@×××××××.com wrote:
2 > Roy Wright <royw@×××××.com> writes:
5 >> Control Center, Security & Privacy, KDE Wallet, Wallet Preferences,
6 >> Enable the KDE wallet subsystem.
9 > This is starting to turn into a regular mystery. I don't have a
10 > wallet icon in panel anywhere and it is not at the address you posted.
11 >
12 > Control Center/ Security & Privacy/ nothing here about `wallet'.
13 >
14 > Under CC/Security & Privacy/ I have:
15 > crypto
16 > password & user account
17 > privacy
18 >
19 > None of those have anything about kde wallet under them either.
22 OK, lets do this the hard way.
23
24 First verify that you have kwalletmanager installed:
25
26 eix kwalletmanager
27 * kde-base/kwalletmanager
28 Available versions: 3.4.3 3.5.2 3.5.3
29 Installed: 3.5.3
30 Homepage: http://www.kde.org/
33 If not, then install it so you can disable it. ;-)
34
35 From the online manual for KControl
36 (http://docs.kde.org/stable/en/kdebase/kcontrol/control-center-run-indiv.html):
39 kcmshell --list
40
41 The KControl module that you want is:
42
43 kwalletconfig - KDE Wallet Configuration
44
45 To run separately from KControl:
46
47 kcmshell kwalletconfig