From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Willie Wong <wwong@××××××××××××××.edu>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Deprecated installed packages
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 00:43:02
1 On Thursday 20 May 2010 06:34:37 Willie Wong wrote:
2 > Hi list,
3 >
4 > I ran 'eclean-dist' last night (with no additional arguments) to clean
5 > out /usr/portage/distfiles. And it generated a bit of interesting
6 > output that I haven't seen before:
7 >
8 > The folowing Deprecated installed packages were found
9 > media-libs/libpng-1.2.43-r1
10 > dev-python/reportlab-2.3-r1
11 > app-i18n/gcin-1.4.7_pre17
12 > sys-kernel/gentoo-sources-2.6.31-r9
13 > dev-perl/URI-1.53
14 > dev-java/sun-jdk-1.5.0.22
15 >
16 > I don't see anything about this feature in 'man eclean'; does anyone know
17 > what this is all about?
20 It means those package version are deprecated and you are encouraged to
21 upgrade them.
25 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com