From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] hplip recompiled with scanner use flag now scanning works, printing does not.
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 00:23:12
1 On Friday 23 April 2010 17:23:31 Dale wrote:
2
3 > I have set up my HP printer with the cups interface before and it
4 > does not work as well as using the hp-setup command. It either is
5 > slow to print or jobs just set in the que and never print at all. I
6 > also always run hp-setup as root not a user.
7
8 You have to run hp-setup as root; nothing less will do.
9
10 Seems to me that hplip is a black art. I have an HP printer here which
11 sometimes is entirely complaisant, other times its jobs just sit there
12 until I find the right invocation, other times again nothing I do will
13 coax it into action, short of killing the job and trying again.
14
15 Surely, printing can't be as hard as this in this new age?
18 Rgds
19 Peter.