From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] program to view/control virtual terminals (ctrl-alt-f[1-6])
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 01:25:06
1 Hi all,
2
3 a short while ago I asked about a program to view and interact with the
4 terminals /dev/tty[1-x] that you access by pressing ctrl-alt-f1, for
5 example. something like vnc but for consoles.
6
7 The suggestions were screen, and showconsole. showconsole only shows
8 output, and doesn't let you type into it; and screen can't (?) attach to
9 such a virtual console.
10
11 Can anyone think of more suggestions? I'm trying to use these consoles
12 as if I was sitting at the machine, but really I'll be ssh-ing in from
13 somewhere. I could even write something in c if necessary, but my
14 attempts so far don't catch output or send input properly...
15
16 I'd appreciate any suggestions.
17
18 thanks,
22 When I was little, I went into a pet shop and they asked how big I'd get.
23 -- Rodney Dangerfield
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list