From: Andrey Vul <andrey.vul@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] broken ALSA
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 03:10:57
1 On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 11:05 PM, M. Sitorus <gkjdsh@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi Andrey,
3 > what do you mean by: "Apparently asym needs to be the final token in
4 > ALSA_PCM_PLUGINS.
5 > I don't know why, but doing that made alsa work again (i.e. the ebuild
6 > recognized ALSA_PCM_PLUGINS contains "asym")." ?
7 > I have try to enable asym use flag, but alsa still not working.
8 I mean this (taken from make.conf):
9 ALSA_PCM_PLUGINS="adpcm alaw copy dmix dshare dsnoop empty extplug
10 file hooks ioplug
11 ladspa lfloat linear meter mulaw multi null plug rate
12 route share shm softvol asym"
13
14 "asym" is the final space-delimited token in ALSA_PCM_PLUGINS.
19 Andrey Vul
20
21 A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
22 Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
23 A: Top-posting.
24 Q: What is the most annoying thing in e-mail?