From: econti <contiemilio@×××××.it>
To: gentoo help <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Huge problem
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 15:33:52
1 Hi all,
2 after upgrading xorg, yesterday I started to upgrade gcc (from 3.x to
3 4.x) following the Gentoo GCC Upgrade Guide. All went well up to "emerge
4 -eav system".
5 The command seemed work fine but, for some reason, it was not able to
6 emerge "man-pages". The process aborted.
7 I added other gentoo sites to my make.conf and emerged the remaining
8 portages starting from "man-pages".
9 At the end running etc-update I found 26 config files to upgrade .
10 Surely I did something wrong (to upgrade "udev" I had to unmerge
11 "coldplug") and the result has been a failure in booting gentoo.
12 Here is the message:
13
14 /sbin/rc: line 400: start: command not found
15 Failed to start /etc/init.d/checkroot
16 One or more critical startup scripts failed to start!
17 Please correct this, and reboot ...
18
19 Any suggestion? Should I reinstall everything?
20
21 Regards
22 Emilio
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list