From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Internet connection sharing
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 19:11:22
1 My Gentoo workstation connects to my Gentoo router's wireless WPA
2 connection just fine, but the wireless card built into my girlfriend's
3 XP laptop does not support a WPA connection at all. I won't use WEP,
4 but I really need to get her connected. The router's single ethernet
5 port is being used by the DSL modem, but my workstation's ethernet
6 port is free. What would I need to do to share my workstation's
7 connection to the router with her via the workstation's ethernet port?
8 Would I need to set my workstation up as a full-blown router via:
9
10 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/home-router-howto.xml
11
12 - Grant