From: Michael <confabulate@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Persistent empty window
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2020 15:58:45
1 On Saturday, 22 August 2020 16:46:13 BST Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > Afternoon all,
3 >
4 > Today I went to paste a word into a Konsole instance, but missed, so that it
5 > appeared in an otherwise blank, frameless, yellowish, 3" square window on
6 > the desktop. I can't raise the window, nor tab to it, it doesn't show up in
7 > 'ps au', it survives a reboot, it seems not to be connected with the paste
8 > buffer, and I just can't identify it.
9 >
10 > Anyone have a clue?
11
12 It's the software equivalent to hardware post-its®. You should be able to
13 right click on it and edit/delete it, but you may need to unlock the desktop
14 Plasma widgets first. I think these software post-its are called "Popup
15 Notes".