From: Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] <OT> bind: "dynamic-IP to FQDN" resolving for windows-clients howto?
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 20:06:18
1 Hi,
2 I would like to offer to some friends similar service
3 as i.e. dyndns.org does: FQDN for their dynamic IP.
4 But I have no idea how to set-up my bind for this task.
5 And what is even worse, they are mostly running Windows.
6
7 IIRC, dyndns.org (and similar services) offer some
8 kind of end-user application which takes care of this.
9 But I think it should be possible with nsupdate too.
10 So I downloaded bind4windows, extracted, and tried
11 to run nsupdate, but it complains about "side-by-side
12 configuration incorrect, application failed to start".
13
14 So is there some way to accomplish this task?
15
16 Jarry
20 This mailbox accepts e-mails only from selected mailing-lists!
21 Everything else is considered to be spam and therefore deleted.