From: Thanasis <thanasis@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: emerge latest in a certain version series of a package
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 14:30:41
1 on 01/29/2014 03:36 PM James wrote the following:
2
3 > Once the newer kernel series come out, the newer versions
4 > of a series (usually) slow way down on being delivered.
5
6 Not necessarily, if some devs are maintaining a series as "long term",
7 which, I think, is the case for the 3.10.X series (if I am not wrong).
10 > Maybe a wildcard with the kernel series name in your "world"
11 > file might work.
12
13 Yes, maybe.
14 And that's why am I asking.
15
16 > At some point, the long kernel series revisions are usually
17 > only about tweaking a few given features.
18
19 And bugs.
20
21 > If that is your
22 > situation, dig into the kernel sources, read the docs and
23 > find the guy hacking on that option. Many will add additional
24 > testers, if you know what your are doing.
25
26 My situation, is not so complicated hopefully :P
30 > Alternatively, run a cron job where you manually query
31 > the gentoo-sources can parse out what you wnat by
32 > kernel series number, and then mail that to yourself,
33 > if it is all that important....
34
35 That would be another option, for another "manual" way.
36 Thanks for the idea though.