From: Mike Williams <mike@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo router redundancy via Ucarp?
Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2005 22:28:38
1 On Sunday 04 September 2005 21:08, James wrote:
2 > 1.
3
4 Not used it, sorry.
5 >From what I know of it, with Linux it's not that great (iptables doesn't have
6 a pfsync function like OpenBSD to keep state tables across machines)
7
8 > 2.
9
10 Linux can change the MAC address, I believe it'll work on pretty much
11 anything.
12 Otherwise send an arping to update neighbouring routers. I do this on a manual
13 failover pair behind a datacentres routers.
14
15 > 3.
16
17 ha/heartbeat is, and ha/heartbeat will do what you require.
18
19 > 4.
20
21 Nope, but with either ucarp or ha, putting the QOS rules in the appropriate
22 scripts will get them run on each host as it takes over.
23
24 > 5.
25
26 Same MACs
27
28 > 6.
29
30 http://lartc.org/howto/lartc.rpdb.multiple-links.html
31
32 > 7.
33
34 iptables config? nmap, or nessus it from a remote location perhaps?
37 Mike Williams
40 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list