From: cal <cal@×××××××××.technology>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] UEFI install noob questions
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2020 06:40:06
1 On 12/25/20 10:28 PM, Walter Dnes wrote:
2 > Also, given bloat over time, is 128 megabytes still sufficient for the
3 > boot partition today? I plan to keep 2 kernels around at all times,
4 > "Production" and "Experimental".
7 It depends on how you configure your kernel (and which modules are
8 built-in vs. built as loadable modules), whether you will have an
9 initramfs, and if so, what you include in the initramfs.
10
11 On my system (customized kernel configuration, no initramfs), I
12 currently have 6 kernels in /boot taking up ~80 megs of space. Every
13 once in a while, I clean out the older ones to free up space.
14
15 Cal