From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Dual Boot System Setup
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 10:17:52
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2
3 >On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 00:23:51 -0600, Dale wrote:
7 >>If grub gets hosed, you can boot a Win 98 CD or a boot floppy and run
8 >>fdisk /mbr on it. I recently took a hard drive of mine out of a friends
9 >>computer that was dual booting and that was what I did. Now windoze XP
10 >>boots up like Linux was never there. I'm not sure if you can do that
11 >>from the win XP CD or not though.
15 >You can, but the command is now fixmbr.
20 Good to know that. I learned something today. Now I can go to bed. :-)
21
22 Oh, just so you know, my ISP got the email sorted out and my connection
23 problems too. They called in a guru and he worked on some other
24 problems first then tackled my email problem. I no longer connect to
25 Qwest network. I connect to datasync and they have it set up correctly
26 for me and Mozilla.
27
28 Now to finish downloading the new Open Office with a 26K connection.
29 O_O < Dale goes to cry himself to sleep >
30
31 Dale
32 :-)
35 To err is human, I'm most certainly human.
36
37 I have four rigs:
38
39 1: Home built; Abit NF7 ver 2.0 w/ AMD 2500+ CPU, 1GB of ram and right now two 80GB hard drives. Named Smoker
40 2: Home built; Iwill KK266-R w/ AMD 1GHz CPU, 256MBs of ram and a 4GB drive. Named Swifty
41 3: Home built; Gigabyte GA-71XE4 w/ 800MHz CPU, 224MBs of ram and a 2.5GB drive. Named Pokey
42 4: Compaq Proliant 6000 Server w/ Quad 200MHz CPUs, 128MBs of ram and a 4.3GB SCSI drive. Named Putput
43
44 All run Gentoo Linux, all run folding. #1 is my desktop, 2, 3, and 4 are set up as servers.
47 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list