From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: sneak peek at next update.
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2019 19:41:33
1 On Mon, 14 Oct 2019 17:12:22 +0100, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2
3 > > I ran into this for the first time last week, and I tinkered for an
4 > > embarassingly long time before it dawned on me that simply emerging
5 > > portage and gentoolkit together was the answer. It does seem like a
6 > > bit of a bug when emerge tells you to run command "whatever", and when
7 > > you do emerge tells you it can't do "whatever".
8 >
9 > You did better than me then. I unmerged gentoolkit, then updated
10 > portage then remerged gentoolkit. Bare minimum of thought. :)
11
12 I never bother to emerge portage separately, just emerge world and let
13 portage take care of itself. That way I don't have to think at all ;-)
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 Idaho - It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from there.