From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Ultramonkey 3 + Gentoo a Match Made in Hell?
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 19:55:29
1 Mike Williams wrote:
2 > On Monday 28 September 2009 04:41:08 Nick Khamis wrote:
3 >> So no Ultramonkey 3 on Gentoo? Anyone?
4 >
5 > Looks to me like Ultramonkey is just some documentation, and as kashani said,
6 > some skeleton configs for Debian. I do not see any actual "ultramonkey
7 > software" or even "special sauce".
8 > Quite useful documentation though.
9 >
10 > I do load balancing on Gentoo to Gentoo, pretty much all I needed to get it
11 > going was to install heartbeat with USE=ldirectord, compile the appropriate
12 > kernel modules, then setup ldirectord.
13 > http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/Documents.html#manuals is particularly
14 > helpful, if a bit out of date. Especially the LVS/* pages.
17 The best explanation I found was this thread
18 http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.highavailability.ultramonkey/1353
19
20 And looking into some of the patches Ultramonkey built, they are based
21 on some much older tools like heartbeat 1.2.4 where as 2.0.7 is current
22 in Gentoo. I'd guess most of the usefulness of Ultramonkey was rolled
23 into the actual packages doing the dirty work... probably so they could
24 retire the stupid stupid name. :-)
25
26 kashani