From: Daniel Iliev <daniel.iliev@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] df showing rootfs
Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 22:06:00
1 On Sun, 11 May 2008 21:59:35 +0200
2 Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On Sunday 11 May 2008, Daniel Iliev wrote:
5 > > Are you, guys, doing some funky remounts like switch_root or
6 > > pivot_root (perhaps in initrd or initfs)?
7 >
8 > No, I get it too since the upgrade to baselayout-2
9 >
10 > I have a small / partition, everything else on lvm, drivers needed at
11 > kernel load time compiled in, no initrd
14 I downloaded openrc + baselayout-2 and did some digging on the
15 decompressed files, but didn't find anything "strange". Just the
16 opposite - at first glance the new scripts dealing with the root fs
17 appear to be not as complex as those in baselayout-1. The only thing,
18 which I could put a note on, was that baselayout-2 provides a
19 new /etc/fstab file.
20
21 So, please, check what your /etc/fstab reads about "/" in case you have
22 accidentally overwritten it by answering "yes" to etc-update or
23 dispatch-conf.
27 Best regards,
28 Daniel
29 --