From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Do I really need to install new packages during upgrade?
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 09:42:11
1 On Tuesday 26 August 2014 12:21:35 Gevisz wrote:
2 > I have just tried to upgrade my system (which I do almost every day)
3 > and found out that portage wants to install 6 new python packages
4 > that seem to be unnecessary because for example
5 > # equery depends dev-python/pyopenssl
6 > reports that no other package depends on this one.
7 >
8 > The same situation is with all the other python packages.
9 >
10 > # emerge --update --deep --with-bdeps=y --newuse --backtrack=60 --ask
11 > world
12
13 It could be that "--with-bdeps=y" term. I took a long time to learn that
14 lesson, as old-timers may remember.
15
16 What happens if you change y to n?
19 Regards