From: Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] hal + xorg hell part 2
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 22:21:09
Hi,

I'm still struggling with xorg + hal

Now, my PS/2 keyboard translates certain keys in a strange
way, e.g. 'insert' 'home' 'PgUp' 'PgDn' etc.

Xorg.0.log contains the following lines which I don't understand
(II) config/hal: Adding input device AT Translated Set 2 keyboard
(**) AT Translated Set 2 keyboard: always reports core events
(**) AT Translated Set 2 keyboard: Device: "/dev/input/event0"
(WW) AT Translated Set 2 keyboard: device file already in use. Ignoring.
(II) UnloadModule: "evdev"
(EE) PreInit returned NULL for "AT Translated Set 2 keyboard"
(EE) config/hal: NewInputDeviceRequest failed

Any help is very much appreciated,
thanks,
Helmut.

P.S.

I tried both drivers
kbd  and evdev (since my mouse uses evdev)

--
Helmut Jarausch

Lehrstuhl fuer Numerische Mathematik
RWTH - Aachen University