From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Fake IMAP -> Real IMAP
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 14:45:20
1 On Mon, Feb 11, 2008 at 07:18:50PM -0600, Penguin Lover Dan Farrell squawked:
2 > > I've been waiting and waiting and waiting forever for DSL to come to
3 > > my neighborhood just so that I can switch to a decent provider and rid
4 > > myself of this nonsense.
5 >
6 > Don't assume DSL will be better. They often block ports too (as you
7 > said, it's well within their service agreement to do so, but I still
8 > think it sucks).
9
10 With DSL, I am more likely to have a choice... (last time I checked
11 [about 2 years ago], Speakeasy has no port blocks and actually
12 encourage you running your own server on the provided static IP. I
13 don't know whether it is still the case.)
14
15 Verizon is no better than Cable in this regards, but it will be
16 cheaper (and since the most important internet application that I use
17 is ssh, I doubt 368K vs. 1m is a big difference anyway).
18
19 W
20 --
21 Marten: Goddamnit Pintsize I'm trying to have a moment here!
22 Pintsize: Well I'm trying to have one with this cake mix!
23 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 431 days, 13:14
24 --
25 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list