From: Roman Zilka <rzilka@××××.cz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] From /etc/locale.build to /etc/locale.gen
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 10:35:15
1 > However I found that I have a locale.gen ; I edited it to include en_US
2 > and it_IT, and run locale-gen. Now can I upgrade to glibc-2.6 ?
3
4 Yes, you can. If you've always had the file, you could've upgraded to
5 2.6 anytime. I suppose locale-gen (run automatically during glibc
6 emerge) has been using your locale.gen instead of locales.build (the
7 obsolete file) for a long time - locale.gen has been the preferred way
8 a year or so.
9
10 -rz
11 --