From: Fabrice Delliaux <netfab@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Corrupt portage cache
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 13:37:32
1 Le Sun, 26 Nov 2006 13:41:56 +0100,
2 Harm Geerts a écrit :
3 > This only forces portage to retrieve *all* of portage's metadata from
4 > the server *again*.
5
6 Yes.
7
8 > If the corruption is local, a normal rsync will fix this.
9
10 Not necessarily. See bug #145482.
11 Synchronization again and again (on several days) didn't resolve this.
12 I removed the entire cache, as suggested, and it magically worked.
13 And I discovered later that the filesystem was corrupted.
14
15 > If the corruption is on the upstream rsync mirror, you will retrieve
16 > the same corrupt metadata again.
17
18 I've never seen that case.
19
20 > removing the metadata from the portage tree only results in more data
21 > transfers from the rsync mirror.
22
23 Yes, but obviously, you must not do it every day.
24
25 @Mick : I suggest that you run a fsck on your filesystem.
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list