From: David Relson <relson@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] udevinfo - where is it
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 11:26:53
1 On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 13:03:10 +0200 (CEST)
2 Helmut Jarausch wrote:
3
4 > On 23 Oct, Justin wrote:
5 >
6 > > udev has some problem with upgrading and loosing functions. I
7 > > noticed this a while ago. But all udev function like udevinfo,
8 > > udevmonitor are symlinks to udevadm. You can get all
9 > > functionalities with "udevadm info/monitor" etc.
10 > >
11 > > http://www.portagefilelist.de
14 > Many thanks to all of you who helped.
15 >
16 > (just a note: the symlinks are not installed automatically here)
17 >
18 > Helmut.
21 Being curious and learning I didn't have the udevinfo symlink, I
22 created it and ran it:
23
24 # ( cd /sbin ; ln -s udevadm udevinfo )
25 # udevinfo
26 the program '/bin/bash' called 'udevinfo', it should use 'udevadm info
27 <options>', this will stop working in a future release missing option
28
29 I understand this to mean that the symlinks are obsolete and are being
30 deleted by newer ebuilds.