From: Liviu Andronic <landronimirc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] OT Best font selection?
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 17:36:44
1 Hello everyone,
2
3 Although perfectly aware that this is a much subjective business, I am
4 looking for "best" fonts, and would much appreciate your sharing of
5 personal choices. This Wiki article [1] has some insight, but not
6 sufficient to satisfy my quest.
7
8 For best printed output I have settled for either Computer Modern or
9 Palatino, through LyX (LaTeX). For Terminal I am quite happy with
10 Terminus. But I am not very satisfied with the User Interface font. I
11 am currently using Verdana size 8, under Xfce, with anti-aliasing
12 enabled. However, I would much like to use a high-quality LCD display
13 font, that would look good with anti-aliasing disabled (I already have
14 -bindist for media-libs/freetype).
15
16 So, what font do you use for the User Interface?
17
18 Thank you in advance,
19 Liviu
20