From: Michael Orlitzky <michael@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] *Simple* guide to implementing digest-auth combined with IP based whitelist?
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2012 20:27:47
1 On 04/03/12 15:06, Tanstaafl wrote:
2 > I've never had a need to protect a site like this so am totally new to
3 > it...
4 >
5 > I've been reading, and everything says that digest-auth is preferred to
6 > basic-http-auth (yes, I know that this isn't a very sophisticated level
7 > of protection, but it is all we need for this site), but is there also a
8 > way to whitelist certain static IP address so people on those don't get
9 > prompted for a username/password?
10 >
11 > Thanks for any pointers to tfm...
14 From http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/core.html#satisfy,
15
16 For example, if you wanted to let people on your network have
17 unrestricted access to a portion of your website, but require that
18 people outside of your network provide a password, you could use a
19 configuration similar to the following:
20
21 See also:
22
23 http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_authz_host.html