From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Anyone using www-apps/jekyll?
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2021 08:54:00
1 On Wednesday, 27 October 2021 14:59:13 BST Peter Humphrey wrote:
2
3 > One possibility occurred to me: is having two ruby versions installed at
4 > once the problem? I already had 3.0 installed, the current Gentoo version,
5 > but jekyll needs 2.6. To test this idea, I'd have to downgrade the whole
6 > system to 2.6; I don't know whether that's even feasible now.
7
8 The more I think about it, the more I suspect my path setting. In Ubuntu,
9 apparently, there's a ~/gems/bin directory, which is to go at the head of the
10 PATH, but what's the equivalent in Gentoo? I could create that directory, but
11 what should I put in it?
12
13 In fact, I did create the directory, empty, and these commands did finish:
14
15 $ GEM_HOME="$HOME/gems" PATH="$HOME/gems/bin:$PATH" gem install
16 jekyll bundler
17 $ jekyll new myblog --force
18
19 But then,
20 $ GEM_HOME="$HOME/gems" PATH="$HOME/gems/bin:$PATH" bundle exec
21 jekyll serve
22 Could not locate Gemfile or .bundle/ directory
23
24 I'm clutching at straws, as you can see...
27 Regards,
28 Peter.