From: Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] OT - Need help installing MythTV
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 16:35:19
1 I had a Windows-related computer disaster this week that forced me to
2 wipe my entire hard drive. I've almost got everything back to normal,
3 but have run into a snag with MythTV. I'm following the wiki, and it
4 says that if I have <=mysql-5.0.19 I have to enter
5
6 # eselect mysql list
7 # eselect mysql set <number in list of mysql version you are using>
8 # eselect mysql show
9 # mysql -u root -p < /usr/share/mythtv/database/mc.sql
10
11 Here's the problem:
12
13 camille ~ # emerge -pv mysql
14
15 These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
16
17 Calculating dependencies... done!
18 [ebuild R ] dev-db/mysql-4.1.20 USE="berkdb perl ssl -big-tables -cluster -debug -embedded -extraengine -latin1 -minimal -raid -srvdir -static" 16,917 kB
19
20 Total size of downloads: 16,917 kB
21 camille ~ # eselect mysql list
22 Available MySQL versions:
23 (none found)
24 camille ~ #
25
26 mysql is running - I can even log into it and do queries - but this says that there is no mysql installed. What can I do about this?
27 -Michael Sullivan-
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list