From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] LifeCam cinema or other webcams
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 07:17:58
1 On Mon, 2009-11-09 at 02:33 +0100, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2 > On Montag 09 November 2009, Iain Buchanan wrote:
3 >
4 > > * preferably not spca drivers, as they seem a bit behind lately
5 > > * no logitech quickcams, due to their problems with skype
6 >
7 > what problems with skype? I am thinking about buying a logitech c600...
10 Exactly this issue:
11 http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Webcams/Quickcam-Pro-9000-Skype-System-hangs/m-p/396119?nobounce
12
13 Mostly windows, afair, which I have to use it on occasionally. I bought
14 an E5500 for my mum and it took a few months to get it going (admittedly
15 she is interstate, so I only had a few hours a month to try!) The
16 solution was weird, and some "new" windows version of skype seemed to be
17 immune, but I was already burned!
18
19 The same quickcam on my gentoo box didn't have any problems. Apparently
20 it was specific to certain quickcams, but this was a while ago, so
21 details in my brain are sketchy!
22
23 Can you get 720p on linux with the C600?
27 I love dogs, but I hate Chihuahuas. A Chihuahua isn't a dog. It's a rat
28 with a thyroid problem.